PORT FAIRY FAQ
1. Where can I stay in Port Fairy? Accommodation in Port Fairy?
Click here to view the accommodation in Port Fairy
2. Where can I eat in Port Fairy? Restaurants, cafes and hotels in Port Fairy?
Click here to view a list of restaurants and cafes in Port Fairy
3. What events are on in Port Fairy?
Click here to view a full list of events in Port Fairy - this includes sporting events, festivals, markets and community events.
4. Is there a Visitor Information Centre in Port Fairy?
Click here to view the local Visitor Information Centre details.
5. How do I get to Port Fairy?
Click here to read about travelling to Port Fairy
6. How far is Port Fairy from Melbourne?
3hrs 30mins via Princes Hwy 375 km, via Great Ocean Road 5hrs 38mins
7. How far is Port Fairy from Adelaide?
7 hours Via Inland or Coast
8. What is the population of Port Fairy
9. Does Port Fairy have mountain bike trails?
Budj Bim National Park does and its only a 35 minute drive north of Port Fairy
10. Does Port Fairy have any rail trails in the region?
Yes , Port Fairy to Warrnambool 37.5km https://www.railtrails.org.au
11. Where do cycling groups leave from in Port Fairy?
Yes every Thursday 10am meeting point in front of the VIC
12. How do I join a local cycling group when visiting on holidays in Port Fairy?
The Port Fairy Cycling Group invite YOU to join them every Thursday starting from the Visitor Centre at 10am. Enjoy a 1 to 1 and a half hour ride. Every 3rd Thursday of the month the group ride to Koroit and back.
13. Does Port Fairy have dog friendly beaches or parks?
Take your dog to Russell Clark Reserve (an off leash area) or Martins Point for an enjoyable walk along the wharf. You can also walk along the dog friendly sections of the beach (Responsible Dog ownership flyers available at the VIC).
14. Can I take my dog to the beach?
Yes, although allow for restrictions from 1 December to 30 April as no dogs are allowed on the beaches from 9am to 6pm.
15. What are the local Natural Attractions of Port Fairy?
Griffiths Island, the Passage, Pea Soup, East Beach, Budj Bim National Park, The Crags, Yambuk Lakes, Tower Hill, Hopkins Falls
16. What amenities does Port Fairy have?
IGA Supermarket, Hospital, 3 banks including Commonwealth, ANZ & Bendigo, Bottle shop, library, Heated indoor pool, BP Service Station, Chemist, Primary schools, Churches, Physio, Police Station, Visitor Information Centre, Pubs, Butcher, Golf links, Fire station, Nursing home, Free gas BBQ, Skate park, Playgrounds
17. Does Port Fairy have kid friendly beaches?
East Beach and Pea Soup are both regarded as safe for children
18. Are the local beaches patrolled?
Only East beach over summer holidays and some weekends
19. Where can I learn to surf?
20. Does Port Fairy have a Boat ramp?
Yes, on Griffiths St
21. Where can I go fishing in Port Fairy?
Along the Moyne River, offshore, on the causeway or with one our friendly boat charter companies
22. Where do I buy a fishing licence from?
64 Sackville Street
23. Where can I camp in Port Fairy?
Click here to view our great range of campgrounds in and around Port Fairy.
GREAT OCEAN ROAD FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is the distance of the Great Ocean Road? How long is the Great Ocean Road?
The Great Ocean Road is 243km
2. Where does the Great Ocean Road start and finish?
The Great Ocean Road starts in Torquay and finishes in Allansford.
3. What events are on in the Great Ocean Road region?
Click here to view a fill range of events along the Great Ocean Road
4. How many 12 Apostles are still standing?
There are currently 8 Apostles above the waterline.
5. How old is the Great Ocean Road?
The Great Ocean Road is over 80 years old. The Great Ocean Road is the largest War Memorial in the world.
6. Where are the Visitor Information Centres along the Great Ocean Road?
7. Where are the accredited Visitor Information Centres located?
Apollo Bay Information Centre, Casterton Information Centre, Colac Visitor Information Centre, Lorne Visitor Information Centre, 12 Apostles Visitor Information Centre, Port Fairy Visitor Information Centre, Portland Visitor Information Centre, Torquay Visitor Information Centre, Warrnambool Visitor Information Centre
8. Where can I find out more information about the Great Ocean Road? Accommodation, What to see and do, Tours, Hire, and events?
Click here to view the tours along the Great Ocean Road
Click here to view the items to hire along the Great Ocean Road.