WHAT TO DO ON A RAINY DAYby PORT FAIRY & REGION VISITOR INFORMATION CENTRE
Port Fairy, in the heart of the Great Ocean Road, is a popular holiday destination and a great place to live. But when the weather turns sour the broad range of things to do suddenly narrows.
To ensure you can make the most out of your time in Port Fairy or your weekends and days off for locals, we’ve got a list of the best things to do that don’t include sitting at home wishing the rain away.
- Visit Library: Find a comfy seat, browse books, magazines, and newspapers. Sit awhile to relax and read.
- Grab the Art Trail to visit art / artisan galleries in the area. While away some time looking at beautiful ‘crafted’ art.
- Visit local wineries / gourmet food trails to sit in and enjoy. (See also 4 below): Local cheese and gourmet food / distillery establishments offer undercover things to see and food sampling.
- Hire Port Fairy Taxis and Tours or Eco Tuk for personalized tours to out of the way places. Be chauffeured to places – especial wineries and gourmet food establishments so that you can enjoy a drink and no drive.
- Book in to be pampered at local Day Spa’s or local Massage / Therapy for Wellbeing treatments. Do something to make you feel good!
- Cinema – look for what’s on at the Reardon Theatre for our Summer Movie Program until 26th January 2019. Enjoy comfortable relaxed ambience to ‘escape and be entertained for a few hours.’
- Call and book a half hour bay cruise aboard the Mulloka and explore the Port Fairy Bay.
- Visit local book stores – look for local authors……find a book and curl up for a good read.
- Visit local Opportunity shops, find a Jigsaw Puzzle / Game for the whole family and watch time fly until the weather changes.
- Visit our local VIC and get activity sheets so the whole family can ‘color-in’ together.