09 June 2018
6 FUN THINGS TO DO ON A WINTERS DAYby PORT FAIRY & REGION VISITOR INFORMATION CENTRE
It’s raining, it’s pouring, your day feels totally boring—and it’s only 9 a.m. Sound familiar? When the forecast is bleak, whether it’s stormy rain or wind, cabin fever can set in!
Slap on your jacket, embrace the day as now is the time to recharge and reconnect, and don’t worry, the sun will (probably) come out tomorrow.
- Enjoy a long walk along the beach with a thermos full of hot chocolate, tea or coffee or maybe soup. You never know what you will find after a stormy night washed up at the beach, the kids and the dog don’t mind the cold weather.
- Have a relaxing massage, then shop for a new outfit and later take your darling for a fancy dinner at one of the famous eateries and to end a perfect day, have a night cap at the pub.
- For the volcanos enthusiasts: A drive north to Budj Bim National Park is on the cards. Continue to the Byaduk caves and the Byaduk Lava Tumuli or blisters , Harmans Valley lava flow and if you still need more volcanic adventures, finish the day of with a guided twilight tour at Tower Hill.
- Diving in winter is highly recommended because it is high visibility under water. The kelp forests are unique and so are the water creatures.
- Rent a bike and cruise the Rail Trail or explore Port Fairy's historic streets.
- Hopkins falls are spectacular in the cooler months (depending on the rainfall) , continue travelling to Allansford Cheese world stock up on some goodies, on the way back to Port Fairy drop in at Tower Hill state game reserve.