26 March 2018
EASTER ALONG THE GREAT OCEAN ROADby GREAT OCEAN ROAD
The Easter Long Weekend is here: 4 days off work, school holidays have started and fingers crossed – looking at the latest report, the weather will be perfect to get outdoors, touch base with nature and enjoy a few warm days.
This weekend I will be heading down the Great Ocean Road to check out the events & markets and get some activity to burn off the chocolate that will be enjoyed along the way!
Three of my favourite things – Chocolate, Markets and Activity!
The Great Ocean Road region is spoilt for choice with two amazing unique and individual chocolate shops and ice creameries – all opened for Easter and specialise in some amazing sweet treats!
My suggestion as a daily chocolate eater, enjoy a crunchy macadamia nut cluster from the Chocolaterie and sit down and enjoy a hot chocolate amongst the trees at Platypi.
- Great Ocean Road Chocolaterie, Bellbrae
Food Friday - Easter Monday, 9am – 5pm, Free Entry
Free Easter Egg hunt! Good Friday, Easter Saturday and Easter Sunday at 10am, 12noon and 2pm (no bookings required) (kids aged 12 and under)
- Platypi Chocolate, Forrest
Good Friday - Easter Monday, 10am – 6pm
Luxury and decadence, handmade and hand painted onsite, a range of milk, dark, white and salted caramel chocolates.
Perhaps ice cream is more your thing with 2 ice creameries along the road. Poco Artisan Ice Cream in Port Fairy specialises in exciting new flavours and a twist on the old favourites. Timboon Fine Ice Creamery is made from local ingredients and a whole lot of love. Both offering a variety of flavours and a unique experience.
- Poco Artisan Ice Cream, Port Fairy
Good Friday 1-6pm, Easter Saturday 1-7pm, Easter Sunday 1-7pm, Easter Monday 1- 5pm
Poco will be running an Easter theme throughout our range during this special time, old favourites and new; changing every day including dairy free.
- Timboon Fine Ice Cream, Timboon
Good Friday - Easter Monday, 11am – 5pm
Did you say hot cross bun ice cream! We recommend trying the Easter Special - Hot Cross Bun Ice Cream with salted caramel and cinnamon sauce – DELICIOUS! Also offering a range of gluten and dairy free ice creams, including gluten free cones.
Events, Markets and Easter Egg Hunts – a detailed event listing page can be found here for events across the region. The renowned Rip Curl Pro will once again draw a large crowd. Highlights across the region are -
Click here for more events.
The Great Ocean Road offers a range of great walking trails across the region. Our top picks for the weekend are –
- Great South West Walk – A favourite would be Cape Bridgewater – spend some time taking in the fresh ocean air or the Cape Nelson Lighthouse. If you book ahead, you could arrange a guided your also.
- Surf Coast Walk – Anglesea Riverbank walk or perhaps the popular Bells Track – which even section you pick, you will not be disappointed.
- Rail Trails - Discover the Warrnambool to Port Fairy and Camperdown rail trail
- Waterfall Walks – Lorne or the Otways, offering a variety of skill level and abilities you will find a walk to suit you
Click here to view further detail on walking trails.