MOYNEYANA FESTIVALby PORT FAIRY & REGION VISITOR INFORMATION CENTRE
It’s that time of year again and we welcome you to “Our Playground’ in beautiful Port Fairy. The theme chosen this year highlights what Port Fairy is all about during the summer holiday period, ie fun for all in South West Victoria’s best family-friendly holiday playground.
This year my enthusiastic committee has put together an outstanding variety of family-friendly activities for visitors and Moyne Shire residents. Local not-for-profit community groups have joined with us to ensure a full program of entertainment throughout the town.
The festival was first held in 1947 and has developed into a huge range of activities to entertain the many holiday makers who flock to Port Fairy for their traditional summer holiday break.
The highlight of the year is undoubtedly the New Year's Eve Procession where many residents and local organizations put together a float, often with a humorous theme and hope to win the Champion Float prize. Music is also a feature of New Year's Eve and live bands both before and after the procession keep the crowds entertained until midnight when a dazzling fireworks display lights up the night sky.
Other features of the festival include, Saturday markets, The Lions Club Art Show, surf lessons, outdoor movies, guided walks of the town and cemetery as well as golf competitions, cricket matches, and fun days in the Port Fairy pool.
CHRISTMAS EVE - MON DEC 24 FREE on Fiddlers Green from 4.30pm
• Giant Slide, Kiddies Slide, Merry-Go-Round and Jumping Castle
• FREE face painting with Colour Angel, popcorn and fairy floss
• Music by Port Fairy Citizens Band
• Lions Toy Spinning Wheel
• FREE Lions Community Barbeque
• Christmas Activity Bags and Best Dressed Christmas Family
• Santa will arrive at 7.30pm
NEW YEAR’S EVE - MON DEC 31 FREE entertainment brought to you by Port Fairy Community Bank
• 10.00am – Rotary Children’s Novelty Running Races
• 6.00pm to 7.30pm - Odd Socks Circus & fairy Floss
• 7.00pm – Inaugural Coffee Run. A race for baristas, or would-be baristas, carrying trays with coffees
• 8.00pm – Moyneyana Street Parade, Warrnambool Pipe and Drum band and many other floats and marchers
• 9.15pm The Damian Howard Band
• Midnight Fireworks
AUSTRALIA DAY - SAT JAN 26 On Fiddlers Green from 8.00am
• FREE Port Fairy Belfast Lions Club Community Breakfast
• Australia Day Ceremony
• Arty Hoey and his Streamline Band will lead us in to the afternoon
• Hot dog lunch and Aussie lamingtons
• Old fashioned games for kids on the grass, organised by the Sea Scouts
• Arty Hoey and his band ‘Streamline’ will play
• FREE family movie at dusk (weather permitting) Bran Nue Day