About the listing
Displaying some of the very best realist animal and bird paintings, the Bay of Whales Gallery showcases world class oil paintings by Brett Jarrett.
A master of his chosen medium, Brett is passionate about sharing his life experiences as a naturalist and skill as an artist. Brett's paintings have been selected four times for the prestigious Society of Animal Artists annual exhibition and national tour of the United States. He was recently chosen as a His paintings are displayed in numerous privates collections internationally.
Approaching the peak of his career, Brett's paintings express a powerful sense of realism and accuracy with strong artistic elements of how we see and enjoy two dimensional fine art. The driving force behind his work is a life-long fascination of animal anatomy, behaviour and beauty, allowing him to communicate a story or moment in time to the viewer.
The Bay of Whales Gallery is located 30 minutes from Port Fairy and 15 minutes from Portland, has 220 degrees panoramic views between Portland Bay and Lady Julia Percy Island and looks south into the Southern Ocean.
The Bay of Whales Coffee Shop is open weekends only.
- Actively welcomes people with access needs.
- Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids).
- Caters for people who are deaf or have hearing loss.
- Caters for people who use a wheelchair.
- Caters for people with high support needs who travel with a support person.
- Caters for people who are blind or have vision loss.